If you answer “yes” to any of the below questions you may benefit by making an appointment:
- Are you a child or teenager with difficulty gaining or losing weight?
- Do you constantly feel tired?
- Are you losing hair?
- Are you often constipated?
- Do you suffer from depression?
- Do you suffer from a low libido?
- Do you gain weight easily?
You may be suffering from hypothyroidism, an underactive thyroid. Thyroid hormone plays a major role in regulating metabolism and without proper levels, you may experience difficulty with your weight and your organs will have trouble functioning at optimal levels. The doctor will work with you to tailor a specific medical plan for your individual needs, assessing your metabolism and reviewing both medical options and optimization of your nutritional plan.
Similarly, other hormonal disorders will be addressed by the doctor if you are concerned – with a thorough history and workup ensuing.