If you answer “yes” to any of the below questions you may benefit by making an appointment:
- Do you have diabetes, childhood or adult onset?
- Have you been told you are overweight?
- Are you a child who has a heart murmur or a teen with diagnosed panic attacks?
- Have you been told you have high blood pressure (hypertension)?
- Do you smoke and would you like to quit?
- Do you have high cholesterol (hyperlipidemia)?
- Do you have a family history of heart disease?
- Do you ever get chest pain or shortness of breath?
Heart care is critical. A comprehensive blood work up can help in the early detection of heart disease. This includes a cholesterol breakdown, a c reactive protein, fasting blood glucose level, homocysteine level, etc. An EKG is useful as well. Once the exam and blood work is reviewed in a one on one consultation, dietary modifications are often recommended.